Choosing the Right Dental Prosthesis: A Quick Guide
In the world of dentistry, Dental Prosthesis plays a crucial role in restoring smiles and oral functionality. This article aims to provide a clear understanding of dental prosthetics for our readers.
Dental prosthetic devices go beyond enhancing your smile—they play a crucial role in maintaining oral health. This guide outlines five types of dental prosthetics to facilitate informed discussions with your dentist.
Types of Dental Prosthetics
- Dental Crowns
- Covers damaged teeth, offering long-term solutions.
- Typically made of metal or porcelain.
- Procedure involves molding, filling cavities, and placement of a temporary crown before the final one.
- Lasts 5 to 15 years with proper care.
- Dental Implants
- Involves placing a screwlike device into the jawbone.
- Durable, but complications may include screw loosening or fractured porcelain.
- Cost considerations include the implant, crown, and possible abutment.
- Dental Bridge
- Bridges the gap left by missing teeth, anchored to natural teeth.
- Porcelain appearance, regular brushing, and flossing required.
- Lasts for decades, with costs varying based on location.
- Prosthetic devices fitting against the gums, available in various types.
- Complete dentures replace all teeth, removable partial dentures replace some, and fixed or implant-retained options are also available.
- Costs vary based on the type and location.
- Dental Veneers
- Thin, natural-looking shells to improve the appearance of teeth.
- Requires healthy teeth to support veneers.
- Lasts 10 to 15 years, with prices ranging from $925 to $2,500 per tooth.
Benefits of Dental Prosthetic Devices:
- Enhances appearance, boosting confidence.
- Improves chewing ability for a healthy diet.
- Supports jawbone health and strengthens adjacent teeth.
- Protects against gum disease and related health issues.
When to See a Dentist:
- Immediate consultation for lost or missing teeth.
- Address concerns like cracked, chipped, or worn teeth, bleeding gums, tooth sensitivity, or changes in tooth color.
Choosing the right dental prosthesis is a significant decision, impacting your appearance, oral health, and overall well-being. Consult with a dentist to find the best solution for your needs, considering both health and budget.
In the hands of Dr. Jyoti Singh, our lead implantologist and Prosthodontics specialist, your smile receives expert care. With a dedication to innovation and personalized solutions, Dr. Singh combines artistry and science to transform not just teeth but lives. Trust in her expertise for a seamless journey to a radiant and confident smile at the Center for Dental Implants & Esthetics. Schedule your consultation today and discover the difference of exceptional Prosthodontic care.
Dr. Jyoti Singh (MDS), Diplomate WICO (Japan region) stands as a beacon of excellence in implantology within Delhi NCR region. She is a BDS and MDS(Prostho) both from Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, where she secured top honors with all India rank 1 in PG entrance examination. Her extensive experience at esteemed institutions like Clove Dental and her own Center for Dental Implants & Esthetics since 2016, Dr. Singh embodies unparalleled expertise in dental implants. Boasting a wealth of 16 years in dentistry and backed by 18 groundbreaking research papers in leading international journals (Google Scholar) and her ResearchGate profile, she epitomizes the pinnacle of proficiency and innovation in her field. She practices in Gurugram as your friendly dentist near me.