Apicoectomy: A Guide for Patients
Have you been experiencing persistent discomfort, swelling, or recurring infections in your teeth? If you’ve undergone a root canal treatment but find that the issues persist, it might be time to explore a more targeted solution – an apicoectomy.
Recognizing the Signs
- Chronic Discomfort: Lingering pain or discomfort in a previously treated tooth could be a sign of unresolved issues.
- Swelling and Sensitivity: Swelling and increased sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures may indicate an ongoing problem.
- Recurring Infections: Frequent infections in a specific tooth may signal the need for further intervention.
Apicoectomy involves the removal of infected tissue at the root tip, a step beyond conventional root canal treatment. It’s a precise and effective approach to tackle persistent dental problems.
When to Consider Apicoectomy
- Incomplete Relief: If previous treatments haven’t provided lasting relief, apicoectomy might be the next step.
- Preserving Your Natural Tooth: Rather than opting for extraction, apicoectomy allows for the preservation of your natural tooth.
The Apicoectomy Process
- Diagnostic Imaging: Your dentist will use advanced imaging to identify the infection and determine the need for apicoectomy.
- Surgical Access: Through a small incision, the infected area is accessed, and the root tip is removed.
- Sealing the Root Tip: The end of the root is sealed to prevent further infection.
Advantages of Apicoectomy
- Preservation of Natural Teeth: Avoiding tooth extraction preserves your natural smile.
- High Success Rates: Apicoectomy has a high success rate in resolving persistent infections.
- Follow-up Care: Your dentist will provide post-surgery care instructions and schedule follow-up appointments.
- Recovery: Minimal downtime, with most patients returning to normal activities shortly after the procedure.
Apicoectomy Cost in India
Apicoectomy cost varies between Rs 8000 – Rs 15000/-
If you’re facing persistent tooth infections, apicoectomy could be the solution to preserve your natural smile. Consult with our experienced dentists at your nearest “Center for Dental Implants & Esthetics”
Remember, your oral health is crucial, and timely interventions like apicoectomy can make a significant difference.
Dr. Jyoti Singh (MDS), Diplomate WICO (Japan region) stands as a beacon of excellence in implantology within Delhi NCR region. She is a BDS and MDS(Prostho) both from Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, where she secured top honors with all India rank 1 in PG entrance examination. Her extensive experience at esteemed institutions like Clove Dental and her own Center for Dental Implants & Esthetics since 2016, Dr. Singh embodies unparalleled expertise in dental implants.
Boasting a wealth of 16 years in dentistry and backed by 18 groundbreaking research papers in leading international journals (google scholar), she epitomizes the pinnacle of proficiency and innovation in her field. She practices in Gurugram as your friendly dentist near me.